[Freegis-list] Turn consumer Garmin into mapping quality GPS?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Wed, 9 May 2001 02:31:54 +0200

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 03:45:59PM -0700, Matt.Wilkie wrote:
> A friend and I are attempting to embark on a collaborative mapping=20
> project using consumer level GPSs. In the course of attempting to
> get the most bang for our buck we discovered a program which=20
> reportedly can enable 12 channel Garmin GPSs to capture the carrier
> phases and whatnot necessary for post processing to yield centimeter
> accuracy under ideal circumstances.

You probably did check the other GPS related free software packages,
do they lack this feature?

> http://artico.lma.fi.upm.es/numerico/miembros/antonio/async/
> I didn't see reference to license. I think the program is public
> domain.

It has the LGPL in the Linux header files.
It is partly based on the jeeps library.
	Bernhard

--=20
Professional Service around Free Software                (intevation.net) =
=20
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--