[Freegis-list] FreeGIS CD v1.1.0 released!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Wed, 30 May 2001 01:10:17 +0200

--6e7ZaeXHKrTJCxdu

Hello Friends of Free Software for Geographic Processing,

we are proud to present a new milestone release of the

	 FreeGIS CD v1.1.0	for GNU/Linux (i386 and ppc)

	 http://freegis.org/order.en.html

It was hard work to have this new release and it is the first one in the
new millenium. (V1.0.4 was released in early september last year.)

You have noticed the increase in version number and I can tell
you that it is more than justified and makes the CD interesting
even for owners of the 1.0.x releases.

We have the GLOBE (G.O.O.D) dataset on the CD instead of GTOPO30.
New software included the first time: MapIt!, GPSman and Gdal=20
And of course a bunch of updates: GRASS, GMT, tkgeomap, PROJ4, gen2shp

If this is not convincing the new cover art may be. ;>
We have indeed started shipping today.
Expect to see some more details annoucements in various newschannels
or feel free to tip them off yourself...=20

Best,
	Bernhard

--=20
Professional Service around Free Software                (intevation.net) =
=20
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)

--6e7ZaeXHKrTJCxdu

--6e7ZaeXHKrTJCxdu--