[Freegis-list] 52North announces new WPS release
Ann Hitchcock (52north)
hitchcock at 52north.org
Wed Jan 21 09:11:48 CET 2009
Dear freegis list,
The 52°North Geoprocessing Community is proud to announce the release of the Web Processing Service Version 2.0! This new release contains the following changes and extensions:
* Sextante (http://www.sextantegis.com/en/index.htm) processes integration: the current 52N WPS now provides more than 220 Sextante geoalgorithms (http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?id=13&type=g) as real WPS processes. Sextante support can easily be enabled/disabled and does not hinder custom developments of individual processes.
* GRID support: any existing process or algorithm can be reused and distributed in the grid for parallel execution. This release enables the user to easily outsource geoprocessing tasks to an external data processing center. It fully supports the widely adopted UNICORE 6 grid middleware. In addition, it is possible to support other grid middlewares (e.g. Globus Tookit 4). No administrative access to the grid infrastrucutre is necessary, only a valid certificate for accessing the target system is required.
* internal architecture redesign with new flexible bindings of different internal datastructures (e.g. Geotools Datamodel)
* support for (very large) rasters
* new Geotiff parser and generator
* improved asychronous datahandling + download of stored files
* several bugfixes
* extended Tutorial: it guides the user through the process of setting up the 52N WPS, creating a new process, as well as executing and exporting the process.
The 52N Web Processing Service enables the deployment of geo-processes on the web. It features a pluggable architecture for processes and data encodings. The implementation is based on the current OpenGIS specification: 05-007r7.
download tutorial here: http://52north.org/twiki/bin/viewfile/Processing/52nWebProcessingService?rev=1;filename=WPS_Tutorial.pdf
download binary distribution here: http://52north.org/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=73&task=viewcategory&catid=22
browse the sources in our svn repository here: http://52north.org/svn/geoprocessing/main/WPS/trunk/WPS/
test instances can be invoked here:
more information can be found here: http://52north.org/maven/project-sites/wps/52n-wps-webapp/
Dipl.-Geogr. Ann Hitchcock
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Amtsgericht Münster HRB 10849
Tel.: +49 (0)251 74 74- 520
Fax: +49 (0)251 74 74- 530
hitchcock at 52north.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Freegis-list