jaksonaquino at yahoo.com.br
Tue Feb 8 20:49:30 CET 2005
I finished some tasks related with the full
internationalization of Statist. I made the new
patches translanting the comments that still were in
German, and updated the new po directory, now
including the Italian translation. To avoid sending
emails with attachments biger than 40 kb, I put the
new files on the web at the following address:
To create and update the .po files I always followed
1) Used xgettext to extracted the messages and their
translations from the source code. (he exception was
the Portguese translation, made directly in the .po
2) Typed "make po" to update the strings.
3) Looked at each translation marked as "fuzzy" by
msgmerge. When possible, the problem was corrected
consulting the original patch (es and it) or source
4) Looked at each msgid that was not translated, and
again looked the source
to find the translation.
5) Typed "make mo" to see if there were syntax
problems in the .po files.
6) Ran statist in different languages to have fun!
I removed the comentary "fuzzy" when I could correct
the translation. But, some few translation still are
marked as fuzzy.
Converse com seus amigos em tempo real com o Yahoo! Messenger
More information about the Statist-list