[Thuban-list] [Thuban-announce] Thuban 1.0.1 released
jan at intevation.de
Thu Dec 23 15:39:52 CET 2004
GIS-Viewer Thuban: Maintenance release 1.0.1 available
Thuban is a platform independent interactive viewer for geographic data
layers. It can handle Shapefiles, PostgreSQL/PostGIS spatial databases
and raster data.
The first maintenance release of the stable 1.0
branch of Thuban is ready for download.
Source code packages and an installer
for Windows are already available. Binary packages for
further operating systems are expected to follow as
time of package maintainers permits.
The changes include:
- Updated: Spanish, French, Russian and German
- New: Hungarian and Brazillian Portuguese
- Updated gns2shp: Changes include fix for RT#2453.
- New experimental extension: svgexport to export map
and legend in svg format
* Thuban now remembers directories during a session.
E.g. if you open a shape file Thuban remembers the
directory it was loaded from and the next time you
open a shapefile the dialog will start in the same
directory. This also works for projections.
* The PostGIS interface was improved substantially
compared to 1.0.0. However, there are some limitations
in Thuban's PostGIS support that can't be fixed in the
1.0.x series without introducing incompatible file format
changes (one such limitation is the requirement for a
column called "gid"). The PostGIS changes in more detail:
- Added support for LINESTRING geometries
- Added some support for tables with an explicit SRID.
- Thuban 1.0.0 used to allow tables with multiple geometry
columns in some cases. Those cases worked only by accident.
1.0.1 gives an error message when such tables are opened.
Real support for tables with multiple geometry columns is
available in 1.1.x (currently only in CVS).
* Fix a printing bug. The region of the map to be printed was
a bit off so that some parts were not drawn sometimes (RT#2692)
* Other fixed issues:
- RT#2237 EPSG projection with unsupported (by the dialog)
parameters causes exception
- RT#2239 (only the session tree part)
- RT#2245 Thuban don't start, unhandled exception
- RT#2482 (partly) NameError: name 'wx' is not defined
- RT#2549 exception when trying to generate one class
Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/
Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
Thuban-announce mailing list
Thuban-announce at intevation.de
More information about the Thuban-list