[Thuban-list] Thuban 1.0rc1 released
bh at intevation.de
Wed Dec 3 12:12:26 CET 2003
I've just released the first release candidate for Thuban 1.0.
Download from the usual place:
The changes since Thuban 0.9 include:
- Faster rendering
- Extensions to import APR files, to convert GNS files to shapefiles or
to use Thuban as a WMS client, among others. Most of these extensions
are somewhat experimental though.
- Thuban files written with the Windows version should be readable on
Unix systems now in most cases
- Support for EPSG projections
- A command line switch to enable attribute editing. This is a bit
dangerous so it's off by default.
What's missing for the final 1.0 release:
- Updated translations. The strings to translate should not change
anymore till 1.0 so now is the time to get the translations up to
- There's a bug in the windows binary: The startup file thubanstart.py
will not be executed. The reasons are detailed in the bug tracker
I'm not sure what we can do about it until 1.0. Since the bug is more
a Python 2.2 bug than a Thuban bug the easiest solution may be to
build the windows binary with Python 2.3.
Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
More information about the Thuban-list